Tailbone ouch adult content

I've been having pains - BAD pains down on my tailbone, and it felt swollen, so I went to the doc. (Was afraid it was a tumor or something.) The doc took xrays and he says there's a bit of arthritis down there! Said I probably broke it at one time, and it has a big curve at one of the joints, where the arthritis is. He gave me a strong anti-inflammatory (sp) but it only worked a couple days, but I wouldn't be able to use it a lot anyway because it would fry my liver w/ the other drugs I'm taking. Now, i don't know what to do, some days it hurts so bad just to stand up from sitting - the only time it doesn't hurt is if i'm standing. Sitting and then standing up HURTS. Aleve doesn't cut it. He said that one option is to have surgery to remove the tailbone, but my boss looked into it (she's afraid of me missing time) and said that you can't sit for weeks, i guess you either stay flat on your back or you stand - I didn't look yet, and all other kinds of creepy things.

Anyone out there with arthritis in your tailbone? What do you do to make it feel better?

autbot

Asked by autbot at 12:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• Mine broke while my first baby was being born. That was 7 years ago and there is still pain every so often. Physical therapy with ultrasound massage and icing has helped me some.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I had a herniated ruptured disc that was right there close tothe tailbone.It hurts, that's for sure. I had to have surgery to have part of the disc removd becauseit was pressig on my sciatic nerve and causing tremendous pain and nerve damage. They gave me every medication possible and it just wouldn't work. nothing did until I had surgery.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2011