A part of the family

When your boyfriend and his parents say they consider you a part of the family, what do you think about that? Do you think that means that his family considers you two in a serious relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I would think it means they assume that you are in a serious relationship and they accept you as part of their family.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 12:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes...my boyfriend (of 1 year)'s parents call my kids their grandkids and show off their pictures in their wallets just like their biological grandkids. When me and his mom go out together, she will introduce me as her daughter in law. It makes me feel really good to be included :)
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 12:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would say they believe the relatioship to be serious and not a casual one. If you are serious with the man than yes it would be a good thing for them to say. If not serious than someone is not understanding the boundaries in the relationship.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• YOu got their approval.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You can take that different ways, one maybe they just accept you as their son's girlfriend and this is a way of them telling you as long as your together we will be nice to you.
    Second maybe they want and think your in a serious relationship, ask your boyfriend. I know that when I first started dating my now Husband I met his kids within the first 3 weeks so I knew whe was serious about us....so it's a feeling as well.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• idk, maybe
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• prob yes but its a compliment that you really fit in well
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2011