Couch smells

Ok, my ds likes to go outside and get sweaty and then come plop on the furniture before bathing so now the furniture stinks. I keep looking for upolustry (ok, butchered that spelling BIG TIME) and I can't find anything. Any ideas on getting the funk out? (It comes and goes, especially with it winter, he hasnt' added to the funk lately.) Fabreeze and those type sprays do not help. (told him that I can't buy new furniture until he moves out since he has no respect for the stuff - he's 16)

autbot

Asked by autbot at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Maybe try some of that pet stain/odor remover?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Have you tried a solution of water, baking soda and fabric softener? Use mostly water, sprinkle in a little baking soda maybe 2 teaspoons and fabric softener. Adjust with the strength of the fabric softener more or less to make the scent stronger to suit your needs. Or, you can try Fabreze.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Use the cleaner attachment on the rug cleaner. Put a sheet over the area where he sits. Insist that he sit only on it. Change it regularly.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011