Have you ever done this?

I REALLY want another baby but right now just isn't a good time. My husband's work schedule is nuts, we might get transferred to another state and my son is still in diapers (lol).

But that still doesn't stop me from day dreaming about my un-conceived little girl. I love my son of course but I want a little girl SO BADLY, lol. So tonight I made a wish list...and put things that I'd want to get when I DO become pregnant. I mean, I'm not asking people to buy those things for me now!

My husband thinks its because I didn't really have a proper baby shower. I don't know how to ask my family for one but when I do get pregnant I'd like a baby shower...I felt bad asking for one or expecting one because my son wasn't planned and I felt like my family was disappointed in me even though I wasn't living at home and was self-sufficient.

Anyway, sorry this is so long-do you guys think this is weird and has anyone else out there ever made a wish list/registry when they weren't pregnant?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 12:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nothing wrong with doing that, and perhaps if no one offers to throw you a shower, maybe your husband can throw one for you? May seem silly, but it isn't.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Everyone should have a baby shower. If no one offers, you and your husband should send out the invitations. Have a shower.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It's not weird. I've had 2 kids and still haven't had a baby shower lol. And I know what you mean by wanting a girl. I had a boy first then a girl. And there is no perfect time to have a baby. There will ALWAYS be something ithe way.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks for your responses everyone! I know that there is never a perfect time to have a baby but there are some aspects of the complications that we can control, so I'll wait until all that's in order. I'm lucky because financially we do well enough that if I DID have another surprise pregnancy, we'd be ok...but I'd like to wait until we at least know what state we'll be living in.

And I like the idea about throwing our own shower! Thanks guys!
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2011