Would it change your faith or belief in God

If his name were not publically displayed?

Second question

Would you be offended if the name of another god were displayed such as Zeus, or Aries?

KristiS11384

Asked by KristiS11384 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, as an athiest, I'm not sure if my faith would be changed whatsoever if God was not displayed everywhere. I'd probably be relieved.

And regarding the mythology portion... Zeus, etc is mythology NOW, but it wasn't in ancient Greece. Rome and Greece both were polytheists and prayed to the Gods. Since then, storytelling has shifted and new interpretations of God(s) emerged in favor of one God.

To answer the originaly question, I believe in strong seperation of church and state so I don't like that God is written on everything as is. So if the same practice of putting a deity in our national songs and currency and public displays existed, just under a different name, I would still be offended.
    Rockin123

Answer by Rockin123 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It would not change my faith for it not to be displayed.

I would not be offended if someone thinks God is Zeus or Aries but that is not God. God has many names yes, but those are mythoogy.
    Rebeccalynn_dj

Answer by Rebeccalynn_dj at 11:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't change my beliefs for anyone or any reason. And someone else's beliefs don't affect mine, so I wouldn't really care if someone thought a mythological god was important enough to display.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Displaying the name is one thing.....but to have the name on things everyone of all faiths use every day....because that's the way society is, there's very little getting around that....that's outrageous to me and always has been.
    Someone who worships a different god shouldn't have "in god we trust" in their pockets, just because the majority of the population believes so. It just doesn't belong on currency. Period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No it wouldn't change my faith. My life belongs to Jehovah!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Rebecca, someday your god may be considered mythology.

I don't have a problem with any god or gods being displayed. I just ignore it and move on with my life if I don't believe in it.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Simply put since I have a baby on my lap...no and no.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Nothing will change my faith, regardless of what is displayed.
    aussiegirl3

Answer by aussiegirl3 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• NO, not at all... My gods names are rarly displaied publicly and I do believe is gods such as Aries and Zeus... So... NO.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Considering the name I prefer is "All That Is" and never see that displayed, no.

I am not sure where these things would be displayed that you are referring to and cannot answer.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008