OCD anyone?

Hi
Just wanted to get some info on OCD and medications used to treat it and possible non medication alternatives. The thing is I have an obsession about getting bed bugs, fleas in the house and lice. Also I have contamination OCD issues and wash my hands a lot, shower a lot and change my clothes several times per day. Also, I don't likevto have company over for fear of them bringing in bed bugs or fleas. I am currently talking to a therapist but she says in order for her to treat me the proper way I need medication. I am afraid of taking medication because I am afraid it will give me a heart attack, damage my organs or cause weight gain. This OCD is taking a huge toll on my marriage and my family. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• i too have OCD, the best way to treat it is from exposure therapy. the meds don't work and they can cause other problems as you have stated. i would look at your diet first, many man y nutritional issues can be linked to OCD, anxiety and depression. up your omega 3s. more b-complex...tons more green veggies.
    klovins

Answer by klovins at 1:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks i was thinking of looking into vitamin b even though my therapist said I am way beyond vitamins working..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have OCD but mine is about death. I'm constantly terrified that someone I love is going to die, I plan their funerals in my head, etc. Medication is the only thing that works for me. I also have bipolar disorder, so that may be why medicine works for me.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011