Would you join a "Ya-Ya" group as an adult? Why or why not?

I have had mental issues my entire life and it's made friendships difficult if not impossible. I am very close with my cousin, and sister. Other than that, I only have acquaintances. I was recently watching Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and started thinking. All the movies I really love are about the friendships women have for most of their lives. I don't have a group of girls. I'm jealous of those who do! Any how, I thought it might be cool to start up a group. Just to get together once or twice a month to share, gripe, eat, problem solve, listen and talk. I'd want to put it out there that everyone had to be honest and not sugar coat things. Might be a good idea to say nothing discussed at meeting leaves the meeting. If someone you were friendly with asked you to join a club like this, would you? Why or why not? Give some tips if you think it's a good idea! Thanks in advance!

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think there are a lot of women out there who are looking for friendship and haven't had the opportunities in their lives to develop them. I think it's a neat idea. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We moved around a lot while I was growing up and I never really bonded with other girls my own age - the new kid in small town schools is either a celebrity or an outcast and I didn't enjoy being either one. I was an only child for years (then my parents did foster care and ended up adopting my brother when I was 11) so I didn't grow up close to siblings and only saw cousins once every few years - usually weddings and funerals. Now, I don't really know how to make friends as an adult, because I wasn't very successful at it as a child. I think the idea of this kind of group would be fun, but how in the world would you?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm glad someone else thought so! I don't have any friendships from my childhood. My Mother never had female friends beside her sister. There are a few women I know who are interested in this but I don't know if they'll follow through. I'll update if we ever get it going!
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011