I need help figuring out what stroller to get. If you have more than 2 children and had strollers for them I am willing to take any advise! Im expecting my 4 child

I am expecting my 4 child. So far we have gotten away with a double stroller for 3 of them. My 2 older sit in the back because their butts are small enough they fit. Were not sure if we should get a second double stroller or get a triple and a travel system, or a quad stroller. We were planning on just doing the double we have and hooking the umbrella strollers we have together but I am a SAHM and if I want to go anywhere I cant push both sets of strollers. If I had the triple or quad it would be easier. I could probably even do it with the double for a little bit but my kids are starting to be squished in the back seat now. Any suggestions? We went looking at doubles the other day but none will hold our evenflo car seat.

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Shopping

• I have 7 kids , mmm I did use a double stroller for awhile , but it was a pain ,I back packed one pushed a small stroller and dad did the same , the older ones walked , a hand in Mommy's back pocket , so I could tell when they started to drift away !

Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My kids are not ready to walk and just hold on to me. I had kids FAST. My oldest will be 4 only 3 months before I am due. I will have had 4 in 4 years. I am just worried about the times my husband wont be with me. I LOVE going to the zoo and museums instead of sitting at home all day. I go crazy and so do my kids and thats when I am more likely to yell at them. I wish she was at the point that I could trust her to walk by herself but I know she would run and I am honestly sick of people looking at me like I am the devil reincarnated because I put her on a "leash". Its not like I was dragging her but the tsks behind my back and glares were just annoying. In fact she loved the thing. She wore a backpack that was a dog and she called it her puppy tail.
    mrssmitley1210

Comment by mrssmitley1210 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my son has one of those "leash" back packs. His is a monkey, and he calls the "leash" the monkey tail. I think they're useful.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 3:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Have you considered a wagon step 2 has a choo choo wagon that looks like a little train. Buy a base 2 car wagon and add 2 trailers. An good sling or moby wrap for the baby. I've seen people rig a way to put their carseat in to the choo choo. Draw back it the wagon is heavy to pull not all places allow wagons or pull behind items you can't see your kids at all times and the thing is huge so you need plenty of trunk space for it and it attracks alot of attention. Plusses. The kids will love it and you will get alot of use with it over the years.
    Other triple strollers to look at would be a runabout in a triple or quad (I'd do triple and sling or wrap baby) triple baby jogger brand baby jogger (3 wide and wont fit through doors but handles great) or the foundation quad 2 in front 2 in back however York older kids would not have long in this stroller and with the weight it may not handle well
    Good luck
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Choo-Choo wagon or a Run About JMHO, if none of my kids could walk and the oldest one could not consistently follow instructions, I would not be taking them many places unaccompanied. The back yard would be our place to learn and grow for awhile.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• doble strollers and one single stroller 3 person at least to help in the day out . or one doble stroller new and one doble stroller used or 2 used doble strollers and 3 big baby bags party and a van...or 2 are staying at home with a baby sitter in a special day out...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011