Has anyone seen the interview these 2 cops did with the 8yo boy who killed his dad & friend?

no parent
no attorney present
what are your thoughts?

tntornado45

Asked by tntornado45 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I saw it and I was appalled. I just imagine being 8 and having two cops standing over you, I would be scared.
    I hope they do right by the boy. 8 yr olds dont just go shooting people for no reason. The boy was either being abused or has some sort of mental disorder. I really cant wait to find out what happens to the boy. He needs help and they need to help him.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• well does he have a mom alive? otherwise there would be no "parent" for them to have there. And I wouldn't think that an 8 yo would really "know" to ask for an attorney. Just IMO. I mean if they video taped it or used a voice recorder and let the public hear it, I really doubt they "made" him say anything he didn't want to.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 11:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• well if he had a mental disorder, why didn't the parents get him help sooner? I don't know the whole story, but you hear about kindergarteners bringing guns to school and stuff. I'm sure it's not too far fetched in this day and age. I'm not saying he did it or not, but I wouldn't doubt it from the stuff we've heard about lately.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 11:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yes, he has a mother, the judge is letting the little boy go home for the holidays,the interview was on cnn, the cops just kept asking him questions & his response to a lot of them were "i dunno" so we'll see what happens,

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• well, it wont be admissable in court if no parent or attorny was present so they did him a favor really,. no i didnt see it but i know that to be a fact...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• he does have a mom.

Either the child was abused or he has some mental wiring issues. 8 year olds don't just say: huh, well, nintendo is put up too high, I can't find my legos, let's see, what to do? what to do? Oh, I have an idea, I will go on a shooting rampage.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• he said he thought he killed them. i don't believe he did i feel he was lead to say he did and i don't like it one bit. he kept saying i dunno! i think i did. i think twice. i think i think i think, these are not true statements it's like he was fed to believe that he thinks he did them when it seems unlikely that the other party didn't hear the gun go off twice and then just stay in the house. he even said he wasn't mad at his dad when he shot him. it's sounds fishy to me and i hope that they find evidence that doesn't match up and then they clear the poor boy. maybe the mother can get the truth out. he first said he went home and found them dead and he touched his father's foot to see if he was dead. he shot his father to put him out of misery. who knows. just sad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• There is just something odd about an 8 year old having access to a gun to put someone out of their misery. Not to mention that the child had the knowledge to use the gun. There's a lot that is very odd about the situation.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• There is nothing odd about an 8 year old knowing how to use a .22 when it plainly states in the news articles that the father and son routinely went hunting.
    But to say that an 8 year old methodically killed his father and the friend....and to say that there were no "signs" of abuse, be it physical or sexual, is ridiculous. There does not have to be signs for the abuse to be present, and often times when sexual abuse occurs, the family seems perfectly normal on the outside. Trust me, I know.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I meant more that he had the knowledge how to use it in that manner. You cannot tell me though it is not odd that he would have ready access to the weapons? My stepfather is an avid hunter and my brother who is 15 still has no clue where the guns are kept. They should only have been accessible during hunting.

I can't imagine there not being any sort of abuse. IF the child killed the father (or was he the stepfather...I have the article in my notebook) and the friend, who is to say that the friend was not doing something suspicious? It does not sit well with me at all that this child just one day up and decided to kill these two people just because.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008