How do i cope with potty training? any tips im really concerned

my son is almost 2 and i have been potty trianing slowly the past few months but he wont go pee or poop without absolutely crying and nearly screaming the whole time untill he goes

trixy.boo

Asked by trixy.boo at 1:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mmmmm, my son did the same thing ,then I broke it down to just working on the peeing part first , LOL, I put cheerios or fruit loops in the toilet and told him to aim at them ! and I would take him every 2 hours even if he said he didn't need to but he almost always did !

Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My daughter loves to sit on the potty up until she needs to pee then she'll run and pee somewhere else. I even tried moving her potty in the living room so she could just go whenever and be more comfortable instead of just sitting the bored or something. but it still doesn't help ive even tried sitting her on her potty while i potty and all she says is "tissue" so she can wipe herself. Good luck to you momma :)
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 1:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My son is almost 4 and when I started potty training he never threw fits to sit on the potty, but he would just sit there and do nothing! My SIL and I were living together and potty training at the same time and we both figured out something kinda cool. You have to teach them to pee sitting down first but you can turn them around facing the back while they are still sitting so they get to pee "just like daddy" My son thought it was pretty fun that mommy helped him pee like daddy! But when he does pee in the toilet you have to give him so much "props" clap alot and say OMG you did it i am sooooo proud of you just give him more credit than he deserves so he is more into wanting to go potty :) I hope my advice works good luck!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i put cheerios in the toilet and told him too aim for them also take him out of diapers and put him in underwear and once he pees or poops in them he wont like the feeling so maybe he will want to use the potty and ii told my little boy your a big boy now act like a big boy and use the big boy potty
    sassysunshine69

Answer by sassysunshine69 at 3:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• He may be too young. Google "toilet training readiness". You might want to wait a few more months. My two were 2.5 and older before they were ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• great idea stormy
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011