How can I deal with my childs jealousy?

I have a DS who was 2 when I was pregnant with my DD. He understood that there was a baby in mommy's tummy, and everything was fine and dandy. When she was born he loved her, even tho he was 2 he wanted to help with her too, sometimes even a little too much if I was trying to make a bottle or something and she was crying he would rub her belly and tell her "It's ok Bebe". Now he is almost 4 and she is almost 2 and he will sit on her and pound on her if I turn my back! But then sometimes he will tell me that she is still his Bebe...I am really confused and don't know what to do with the pounding and hitting! She is starting to get tired of it and hit back or even result to biting!

MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Asked by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Make sure each of them gets one on one time with you and your SO both separately and together. They need to both know they are special. it helped a lot in our family
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• honestly, with my kids, ive learned if you let them handle it themselves, theyll work it out. even at that age. my second son stood up for himself, and now theyre really close.
    pookah1203

Answer by pookah1203 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• ya thats what i have been doing bcuz i wasnt sure...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Comment by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011