What steps are you taking to preserve planet earth?

Such as recycling and driving a clean running vehicle.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I reuse everything or at least I try to, and I walk whenever I can. I hate seeing people through trash out the car window ! one of my pet peves !
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• kicking my X's ass off the plant.lol I recycle my bottles and get $.10 for everything, and use that money towards food
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• What?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• None
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Reduced consumption of unnecessary items- For example, single use packaging, bottled water, yogurt.....
    Reuse items until they are no longer servicable.
    Most of our garbage is recycled- The green waste and recycle receptacles are 3Xs larger than the solid waste totes- all provided by the county.
    We cull out plastics and cans for our own recycle- we have limited plastic purchases all together.
    Canvas, reusable bags
    I make my own cleaning, laundry and hair products (shampoo)
    Green, native landscaping-limited water needs and no grass,
    Locally grown Produce is generally purchased from FMs or CSA
    Thermostat= 62 (W) and 80 (S)
    Laundry- mixed, max loads +CSS
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We're simply conscientious about recycling, and reusing jars and containers where possible, we maintain a large fruit and vegetable garden and have planted a many sapling trees, shrubs and flowers on our property! But that's about it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I recycle everything that I can, and try to avoid using products that have a lot of unnecessary packaging. I buy organic when I can afford it, and grow my own vegetables in the summer.  I also try to keep my household products as simple and "green" as possible, make my own detergent and cleaning solutions and hair care. I also use canvas bags when I shop, and reuse what I can't recycle, when possible. I donate things that we no longer need, so that they can have another life in another home, and I try to buy products that are made by environmentally responsible companies.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I donate things that we no longer need, so that they can have another life in another home, and I try to buy products that are made by environmentally responsible companies

We do these too! In addition to fair trade items-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'll defer to George

Most of what people do that they think is "saving the planet" is either doing nothing or, in some cases, making it worse.  If people paid half as much attention to reduce and reuse as they did to recycle, they'd be doing a lot more good.  If you have to pay for it, it's not helping.  If it's marketed as being "Green", it's more likely in the doing more damage than in the doing nothing category.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I recycle everything I can. I have also cut down GREATLY on my paper usage, thanks to the Internet. I don't get any paper bills, and I use e-cards and e-vites over paper cards. I donate old clothing, shoes, furniture, etc.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011