Does anyone else hate the Stir? adult content

Everytime I read a blog on that site I get pissed off at the stupid over opinionated writer and their penchant for making drama out of absolutely NOTHING! Last week it was the teen girls going "bare floor" and how concerned the author was over pubeless by choice teens being overly sexual. Today it was another offended breastfeeder bitching about an Iphone app by Similac....who do these women blow to get these blogging jobs? I want to sit at home in my jammies all day with a cup of coffee and write about my opinions and get paid for it, how do I get this job? I swear I am not going back to the Stir again

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 2:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Someone posted a link to it today on FB & I read it to see what they were complaining about.
    I'm a breast feeder (I have nursed all 3 of my kids) and this time around have been using one of those APs on my phone made by another company & I LOVE IT.
    I thought the article was stupid & really blew NOTHING way way way out of proportion. Heck I even pointed out the MADELA (the leading brand/makers of breast pumps & other breast feeding supplies) has one too & if you're a friend of theirs on FB they promote it just about every other day.
    I seriously hate the STIR. Unfortunately many of the women I know on FB are constantly reposting their garbage, I don't always notice it's from "The Stir" before I click on it & suddenly I'm knee deep in someone's attempt for attention by making nada into something & then having a bunch of women with way too much time on their hands spend hours commenting back & forth with each other. SAD.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 4:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Not all the posts are like that..I like the ones that aren't, lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I've never heard of the Stir, but yes if you figure out how to get paid for b!tching sign me up!
    xbabygirlz

Answer by xbabygirlz at 2:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you don't like it, then don't read it. Plain and simple.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I barely go there in the first place. they say some pretty stupid things!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't pay it much attention.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• To each their own.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't go there, if I'm here on CM, it's in the answers section.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't hate it, but I don't consider it any more credible or insightful than Perez or TMZ - they just focus on motherhood drama instead of celeb drama. They took one of my questions out of context to use for one of their shit stirring posts when it first started, and that alone told me where their standards lie.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011