has anyone used?

so i wana buy one of those baby monitor things that you can use while pregnant at home to hear your babys heartbeat but iv heard they dont realy work well so has anyone bought one and if so did it work or not work and what brand was it?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yea take the money and spend it on something else. The one I had only picked up my heart beat and not the baby's.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 11:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'm not sure what brand it was, but a friend of mine rented one from a company on line and I believe it wasn't too expensive either.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Don't buy it from Wal-mart It doesn't work on the baby....mine sure..baby nope....well gl
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It all depends on your baby's position to.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Mine worked actually most of the time but it really does depend on the way your bab is postioned. Ask your doctor about rentals or maybe contact local moms in your area about getting one to borrow.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I could never get mine to work right either!
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 11:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• the one i always got only worked a few times, plus all it sounded like was a horse running, it didnt sound like the ones at the doctors- if i were to get one i wouldnt spen too much money on it- i mean wipes, diapers those are thing that really need, (i know its boring but better spend money on things you need)
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I recommend not....I've picked up my baby heart beat once for like a couple of seconds and thats it....all you really get is a bunch of background noise.
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 1:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I had one that worked, but I don't remember what the brand was. It's really only worth the investment if you keep freaking yourself out about the baby. It's so common especially with the first to get freaked out when you think you feel a decrease in movement or anything else. It was nice to have the reassurance once in a while that my little guy was doing fine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• all i ever heard was the baby move, or sometimes i heard her heart beat. its cool at first, but within the first week of buying it, it has lost its excitment to me. i think its a waste of money. it sounded like when you go to the doctors office, and they listen for the heart beat. thats all you will hear. lol. so why buy something you already hear from every doctors visit for free?
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008