HELP!!!!!!!! I am miserable!

I was diagnosed with shingles. I have the rash on the back of my thigh and butt area and it seems to be spreading on my lower front area. i itch all over my body and i am seeing little red bumps scattered on my body that itch very bad. could i possible have shingles and chicken pox at the same time? what can i do for relief?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• chicken pox and shingles are related , I bet you are miserable, an oatmeal bath may help and try to take sometime for the immune system. I hope you feel better.

Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 4:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Echinacea ,,,lol,,,I had to go look it up in one of my med school books couldnt rember the spelling !
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 4:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am so sorry. The above suggestions are what I can offer. The only other thing I can suggest is to do something to try and take your mind off of it. Keep as busy as possible.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• thanks for the help but have no oatmeal and it is 4 in the morn here and cant get comfortable to sleep. been up all nite. I itch and hurt so bad. i went to the dr and was prescibed med but i have only been on them since fri nite. trying to keep busy that is why i am on the computer i tried to read but kept loosing my page to scratch and itch. i am so miserable ans have a 3.5 yr old to take care of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Can you get to some Calamine Lotion? I think that stuff rules for itching and rashes. It smells interesting, but it sure works for me. We used it for Chicken Pox all the time.

You could also try baking soda in a bath. Baking soda neutralizes acids, etc so maybe that would help.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I feel for you, I hope you can get some relief somehow. Yes they are related, i remember when i worked in a nursing home that i couldn't be around anyone that had them since i have never had chicken pox. Make sure your not around anyone that is pregnant.
    it will proobally take a few days for the antibotic to kick in, feel better and try not to itch them.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• camomile lotion maybe?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• you may have to take Valtrex, an expensive herpes medication.
    momme2008

Answer by momme2008 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Search on Google for home remedies. There are several sites that have good info. Try not to scratch as you will make it worse and it is contagious, I believe. Keep your hands and nails very clean. Shingles does have blisters that will break and ooze as the condition progresses. Read about the secondary infection that can come afterwards also (google it - I don't remember the name of it) so you are aware of it and can seek your doctor's advice if you get it. I got it but it was mild for me. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2011