Vbac

what was your experiance. i had a c-section with my last child after being induced and in labor for 3 days. my doctor is willing to allow m to try for a vbac but now im scared the same thing will happen again. should i just have another c section? what would u do?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my babies were all born V , I was ok with it I healed much faster than when I had a C-sec for a miscarriage

Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I had a c-section in 1994. I had my first VBAC in 1995, the next in 2000, and the last in 2002. Now, we are not allowed to have VBACs at the hospital in my town. Personally, I'd drive to the next town to be able to have a VBAC. I recovered much more quickly than with the c-section and I felt safer. There are risks to VBACs but I really don't think they are more risky than a c-section. Given your history, they would be prepared for surgery when we went into labor anyway just in case. I would recommend talking to your doctor about the guidelines. How long is he/she willing to allow you to labor before recommending the c-section? Will you and the baby be constantly monitored? Would they have a anesthesiologist and operating room staff available? Will you be induced again? If so, that would have to be scheduled, which would give you more options on scheduling the O.R. if necessary. I would give it a try personally!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think it's important to opt for the safer route~ which would be a vaginal birth.

Avoiding unnecessary interventions makes it safer, you can get help & support to be more comfy & keep progressing.

Your past experience is what you are basing your choice on and it was abnormal.
    Forcing the baby to come when baby & your body aren't ready are not normal. Working for what is normal this time will really help.

I can share lots of VBAC (or weighing decision) info if you'd like.

Best wishes!
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Id go for the VBAC
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011