How did I get my son to like school work

he is 5 year old

BUTTERFLY0722

Asked by BUTTERFLY0722 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mke it fun, play and exciting to succeed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I remember with my son it was a lot of praise that got to him, he wanted praised and I taught him to always do his best in anything that was related to him, anything with his name on it. Not all kids are alike but mine responded to praise.

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Try if you will but know that you may never get him to like homework. If that becomes the case, you need to make it very clear to him that, like it or not, it is expected that he complete it to the best of his ability. It's a valuable life lesson that will trickle over into other areas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Make it as fun as you can. My great niece was resisiting doing her work and so I started checking off on a separate piece of paper every one she did with great gusto. She thought it was so funny and completed the work quickly. Think outside the box and show your interest in it too. Make it a fun thing to see what they are studying and learning. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Make a game out of it. get some award stickers. kids love stickers.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• It's never gonna happen. It's school work.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Show him how doing school work is what big kids do. Praise his big kid achievements. Let him know what else he can learn.
    For example: learning to read means he can read his own stories, or learn about trucks (or whatever) on his own
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have a 5 yr old stepson who I have the same issues with . He likes school sometimes but everytime i ask what he did in school 5 mins ago magically he forgot. Maybe when you are doing his hmwk with him make it fun. For counting games we use things he loves.. toys like his cars or his favorite snacks. Boys ive noticed dont have the attention span as girls that are around me. I am going thru it so i know how it feels. Trust me.
    livebylaw

Answer by livebylaw at 12:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011