my niece's myspace page is sick, do i tell her mom?...AGAIN?

I've already told her (the mom) once now it's 10x worse than b4, I don't want to be blocked then i'll never know what's going on, but do I but in again?

tntornado45

Asked by tntornado45 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• You really do need to tell her mom and report her to Tom at Myspace. There are FAR to many sick-os out there. If you were to not tell her mom and something happened to your niece how would you feel?
    dea121885

Answer by dea121885 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• what do u mean by sick? like provocative?
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 11:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• she's almost 13 ~ she's talking about being spanked & kissed & loving penis,,
    pretty sick to me ~
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• how old is your niece? cuz chances are if you tell on her again she will just block you and then it may just get worse? is there a way you can talk to your niece nicely about her myspace page maybe she doesnt understand what she is doing wrong.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• How old is this niece? If she is under the age of 18, I say yes tell.

If your name never comes up, How is she going to know you are the one who told.

Answer by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Maybe you should invite her mom over to your house for lunch and then causually ask her if shes seen her daughter page lately. Being blocked is a risk you have to determine if you are willying to take if her behavior is dangerous or not. Thats your call.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If she is under 18, then yes I would tell. I thought myspace was for 18 and over anyways.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes!  13 years old is way too young to be talking about stuff like that.  Her mom needs to sit her down and have a talk about the repercussions of posting stuff like that on the internet.  And then she needs to have a talk to her about sex, and pregnancy!!  I am pretty sure her mother wouldn't want to be raising a grandchild right now!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I understand your delima. I told my neice's Father. (my sister isn't in the picture...sad...but different post) Father talked to her and it was cleaned up. It was a mess again I told and then got locked out. Now I have get in with my son's account but her space is much cleaner now. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Obviously your neice has you as a friend so she knows you can view her page. Yep, you need to tell and IMO that girl shouldn't be allowed unsupervised on the computer. At 13 wasn't even thinking about that stuff. Different world now though, I know.

What did her mom do about it last time? In this day and age we need to monitor the stuff our kids are viewing and doing online. There is so much filth out there for them to be exposed to. When my son gets old enough to use the computer I will be monitoring everything he does.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008