How to loose last 15 lbs? I go the gym almost daily, if i dont make it to the gym i walk my dog. I can not seem to loose the last 15lbs..any suggestions?

vgoghgirl76

Asked by vgoghgirl76 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• You shouldn't be trying to loose weight . You should be trying to loose inches. Muscle weighs more then fat.

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• how are you eating..when you are working out..it is just cardio...if so how much cardio? Are you lifting weights? if so heavy weights or lighter weights with longer reps???
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The last 10-15 lbs are the hardest to lose. You know why? Because you are dieting and exercising, and causing a huge shock to your system. So you lose all this weight really fast, and then your body kicks in and says "oh no, I am going to starve!" and refuses to let you lose any more weight, because IT doesn't know that you only want to lose 10 more lbs.

SO while you are doing your normal routine (and this is going to sound totally contradictory to what you have been doing) eat a little more. Still healthy, just a little more. Let your body know that you aren't starving, even if that is not how you feel (you may not feel like you are starving, simply eating right, but your body does not know that) and continue on with your exercise.

Also, like mentioned above, are you measuring weight or inches. It matters, because muscle DOES weight more than fat.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I am lifting 10/15 lbs for my arms; 25 for my obliques (sp), 80/40 for my legs. Cardio is 25/30 mins a session - i usually in the gym 45/1hr. and i am alternating my upper and lower body. Maybe i will lay off the scale and do the inches thing. Thanks for the advice all!
    vgoghgirl76

Answer by vgoghgirl76 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304--12509-0,00.html These are the basic diet rules I follow and they work really well for me.
    tcross

Answer by tcross at 5:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• After awhile you hit a plateau. You need to increase the weight or intensity in some way. Workout longer or use more weight or more reps. You have to change something. Change your routine..............................................Pick something significant and change it!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 8:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Are you watching what you eat? I am using a product that really helps me with my diet and watch my portions.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You need to eat right in addition to the exercise. Try the South Beach Diet. It teaches you how to eat healthy and what are the right foods to choose.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I like what carolynbarnett said do what she is telling you. I am going throw the same I have plateau for weeks and now I am back to lossing weight again. It sounds weird but you do need to eat a little bit more and change your workout. I started to eat my snacks good one's and changer and up my workout and I am back to lossing. It will drive you crazy when you plateau hang in there.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2008