Do you have stage fright ? can you give speeches in front of large crowds ?

if you don't have stage fright, what is your technique?paparazzi

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 6:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I can up in front of a classroom of kids, teens (or even adults whenever I teach my CPR classes). But for anything else out of my element- forget it! My husb used to play in a band & he still DJ's parties & weddings. I dont know he does it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am better in front of crowd of people I recognize than complete strangers. It just takes practice. I have pictured the audience naked to try to project my jitters on them on occasion. I am a nurse and was once asked to speak in front of a group of neurologists and I did that....but as I walked up onto the stage, one of my shoes fell off. I just kicked off the other one and kept on going. Once I was standing at the podium I was fine, I figured I couldn't do worse than that.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Giving speeches on a topic i am well versed in makes it much easier.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I was in speech & debate and drama in high school and loved it. The judges might make me a little nervous, but the audience never did.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The largest crowd I've spoken in front of, outside of my classroom, is about 200. I was a little nervous at first. It didn't last long though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes, yes, yes!!! There's no way I can give a speech. This causes a hugh problem for me in college!
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 9:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I hated getting up in front of a crowd to give a speech, hated it in school and still hate it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I used to hate it, but then after doing it for awhile, the fright went away. I think it was because I was talking about something I was passionate about-food and certification for chefs. I was trying to get more women involved.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I still get stage frieght. I just think I am talking to friends and if its something I know alot about I just go wild.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011