Does anyone on this site have friends from cafe mom or is it just a waste? Every single friend I made on here either drops out or never evers goes on here after awhile.

It is such a diesappointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes I've met women on here that I consider to be friends.  I can imagine it would be rough to have friends on here constantly leaving but the ones who are here for the long haul and like you as much as you like them, they are worth it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I met my best friend on here!:) I looked for moms in my county we started talking and met at a mommy and me class turned out she lived down the street from me and we are so much a like! I'm so blessed to have made a friend like her! It's funny when people ask how we met it's like a Internet dating story lol. Look for moms in your town and you can make real friends that you can meet at mommy groups but be careful and keep your guard up for a while and always meet in public places. Good luck!
    s_toman7

Answer by s_toman7 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I met my 2 very best friends in the world on here! We talk all the time IRL, and I can't imagine life without them now.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have made some friends on here. I am sure that does suck to lose some people that you thought were good friends. Hopefully you can make some new ones. Most of the people on here seem very nice so i am sure you will have no problem. I haven't been on here that long but i am really enjoying it, I love that we can vent or if there is a problem then i can get advice from other Moms that have been there.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I've been here since Day One, and I have friends on here that I've had for YEARS. It is possible.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have met several that have come and gone but my dearest friend I met here about 2 years ago give or take a little. We live far from each other but she's the one I run to when it's good, bad, funny, or sad. I love her and wouldn't know what to do without her!! =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 8:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes, I have one very special friend MissingChloe. There are other friends on my home page, but for the most part MissingChloe and I have become great friends.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• been here a year and a hllf or something and really havn't made any friends- I have a few added on my page- but it's not like we talk at all other than what goes on in the groups I'm in...I DID recently add one person I met to my FB - but that's about it...we havn't had any one on one chats or anything
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I've bonded with a lovely lady here. I have others that are great, but there's only one I've grown super close with. We talk often, and it's always an easy conversation. I feel like I've known her for decades. She's like a big sister to me. Unfortunately, the fact that she's in a completely different country (England) has kept us from meeting in person, but one day it'll happen I'm sure. Until then, we have skype to keep in touch.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• another thing to try to make friends is meetup.com. You can look for groups having any similar interest you have like reading, hiking, sewing, play groups, mom groups, etc. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011