detox

have you ever heard of "detoxing" your body to lose weight? if you have can you tell me how to do it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Your body detoxes/cleanses itself on a regular basis.

If you are going to help your body detox quickly the best way to do so is to do a fast with a professional guiding you.

The herbs and other crap on the market will do nothing to help your body - you will just feel like you have clenased by seeing the crap that comes out of you (the herbs).

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I've heard the best way to cleanse your body and lose weight is to increase your fiber intake, how much depends on what your doctor suggests. You'll go to the bathroom more, but fiber helps break down stored fat.

My DH and I gave up soda, and replaced it with pitchers of Crystal Light which I mix Benefiber into. There's no taste, and it is super easy!
    Anonymous

• Water and fiber are the best, cheapest, and healthiest ways to do so!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Are you talking about the master cleanse? This is an interesting one. You combine a laxative herbal tea in the evening with a saline flush in the morning and drink a lemonade mix dyring the day (6-12 glasses a day depending on if you are aiming for a fat loss or total body detox/cleanse) made from water, fresh lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. You do the cleanse for 10 days up to 40 days. Then you ease back into eating food.
    KristaT

Answer by KristaT at 8:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2008