What was the most embarrassing?

What was the most embarrassing thing that your child has ever said in public? I had a moment the other day with my 5 year old that sparked this question.

We were at Meijers the other day and this older man (like late 40s early 50s) walked past us pushing a childs bike. My daughter said " Look mom hes got a bike!" The man turned around and said, "Yes but its not for me, I dont think it could hold me". My daughter then looked at the man and said "Is it because you are old"? LOL I wanted to find a hole and crawl into it!

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 8:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol omg kids say the craziest things! lol but you have to admit it was funny. lol, ok I have an 8 year old, and my fiance and I took him with us to meet his parents, we were having dinner at their house. So Chris' dad asks Ryan, Ryan whats something you really don't like to eat?? lol and my Ryan says, well I really don't like corn, but my mom told me this one time that if I didn't eat it she was going to beat me til there was no tomorrow.....lol wow was I embarrassed...but as it turns out, he loves corn....lol and I have never beat my son a day in his life....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my child does not have a lot of words and what she does say is usually not understood my others
    anyway
    she does call any man, daddy
    especially when that man is with a child
    well...he is a dad, so makes sense to her

i get plenty of strange looks form men, when my daughter walks up and starting chatting away, most words are gibberish but daddy comes out clear as a bell...is even funnier when their wife is with him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• was married way back, and he had children,
    his youngest was 6 or 7
    we were at laundry mat, a very old woman was in there
    child sits next to old woman and starts talking to her
    6 year old touches her hands, says "your skin is so soft, and you can almost see through it"
    old lady says, "yes, that is because i am very old"
    child says" that means you are going to die soon"
    old lady says with a smile, "yes, i guess you are right"

it was very sweet of old lady, i could have hugged her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• laughingKids are too funny.  All these are great!  My husband gets the "daddy" thing too.  :)

RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 8:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We were at Jewish Hospital in Louisville. My son and I were getting something from the car for my mom, she was the one in there. As we were walking, we saw a man with a long beard. He was clothed in Jewish clothing and a thing around his neck with Jewish symbols. As we walked near him, my son got really excited and yelled "HI, Santa!!!". I wanted to run.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• When my oldest was about 4 we were in the mall and I turned my back for just a second and I heard a lady scream. And I turned to look never thinking that it was my child causing it. It was him. He had decided to undress in the middle of the store. I asked him why he was doing that and he told me that he was planning on being naughty and since I was gonna spank him for it he wanted to make it easier on me. He had been testing me a lot at the time and it seemed like the only thing that was working was smacking his bottom. So he had heard that quite a bit from me I guess to the point he knew what was coming if he acted up. The undressing was bad enough...the part about the spanking made it worse. I am not ashamed that I spank but I just had never figured on that coming up like it did.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011