What was the most terrifying experience of your life?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 8:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Loosing my dad unexpectedly.

Answer by older at 8:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• they both revolve around my middle daughter.. her birth was very terrifying. it was an emergency c-section, 9 hours after i had my epidural which only numbed the left side in the first place, i felt everything. i lost so much blood, i thought i was peeing all over myself but it was blood pouring out of me. my blood pressure was like 80/30, and i felt my life slipping away literally. i remember staring out this window in the OR just waiting to die. she was 10 pounds, 3 weeks overdue, my first c-section, it was just an awful experience. my friend was there waiting for me after the c-section & she actually left, she later said i was so white she thought i was going to die. thankfully i survived and so did my child. however, 4 months later she suffered a brain injury & was in the hospital for a week, seizing, hemoraghing behind her eyes & brain. i didnt know if she would pull thru that. she actually came out of it unscathed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I got in accident when I was five months pregnant with my son. Had to be rushed to the doctor and when they did the ultrasound his heart rate had slowed down pretty bad.. But after a while they did a second one and he was ok!! He's three now and perfect but it was terrfiying when I thought I was going to loose him.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• shes actually the one in my profile pic :) she is 2 years old now and very healthy. thank God!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• August 3, 2010. My DD had a seizure that lasted almost 24 hours and they thought she might not live. If she did live they thought she would be different having either learning disabilities or behavioral problems.  It was so scary because we had known her for 8 years and we did not know if she was going to live or die, if she was going to wake up the same little girl we had always known.  After 11 days in a coma she woke up and then it took another 2 weeks before we started seeing signs that she was in there.  She was better for 12 weeks and then got sick again.  She has been better now since December 2010.

There is nothing to prepare you for seeing your child on life support.  Was the scariest thing to happen to us to date.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The day I found out my daughter had died inside me at 34 weeks pregnant

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• when I was in my last car accident with my 2 boys with me--teenager ran a stop sign and sideswiped me--if I wouldn't have swerved like I did she would have t-boned me
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Having open heart surgery
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Having my husband go through 3 heart attacks, even though he has always been very healthy, ran marathons after he was 40. And them telling us he could die in his sleep at any time. Six years since the last one, so far so good. And it doesn't impact daily life. No one can believe he has had them. He works out at the gym 3 times a week, and still runs.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• mine owuld be the night i had my daughter not knowing if she was going to make it or not
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 7:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2011