my 3yearold has 3 warts on his hand what should i do?

The doctor said to use the discs with the medicine on them and cover with a bandaid but they came back in a couple months

curciedanielle

Asked by curciedanielle at 9:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is a virus. Keep doing it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my daughter had them they did go away it was about a year after they started keep doing what your doing
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• its a virus in the blood stream and young children just get them more often. He'll likely grow out of them. My daughter had several that we treated. They just came back but now that she's older they're gone. They're gross to look at but really there's no medical reason to do anything unless he's picking at them or whatever.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would ask the doc to freeze them off. It is quicker and more effective then the medicated disks. My daughter has a plantars wart on her foot and we just got it frozen, but it is really deep and the doc said likely it would need done again in 2 weeks.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Up his vitamin C intake; it is a natural anti-viral and can be safely taken in huge amounts because it is water-soluble.

Up his probiotics (I imagine he can't swallow pills so feed him plenty of yogurt or keifer if he likes the stuff).

Cover the warts in duct tape. Sounds crazy but it works better than any OTC product and many Rx out there. Change the tape out daily. I've also heard that you can paint a coat of clear nail polish on the warts and that will help to smother them and go away. Haven't personally tried that one yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My little guy had them when he was four and for about a year we took them off and they would grow back and then one day they just stopped coming back. Keep doing what your doing they will eventually go away. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Duct tape!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you do duct tape leave it on for six days, then soak the warts and scrape them with an emery board. Wait twelve hours then reapply the tape. It can take up to two months for this to be effective.

Another unusual cure...before bedtime, take an extremely ripe (blackened) banana; remove a small, square section of the peel; place it on the wart(s); cover with gauze and tape. Repeat nightly until they disappear. Some are gone within a week and others are more stubborn.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011