Need help sleeping.. both hubby and I

What are some good things to help you sleep that I can get from Walgreens? I have tried tea, hot baths and still nothing, I am not a big fan of nytol and crap like that but any ideas would be great and no I can't go to the doc insurance does not kick in till April!!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would try melatonin. My DD takes this to help her sleep. She was in the hospital for 2 months and this is what the doctors told us to give her. She takes a very small does 1 mg at night. You can read about it on the internet or you can even go to the pharmacy at walgreens and talk to them. They might be able to help you.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Melatonin. I take 10 mg every night before bed. Also some light stretches before bed. Something to disengage the mind a bit before I lay down. Cause that's my biggest problem. I lay down, and my body is tired, but sometimes my brain isn't, and there's a million and one things going on inside my head that won't stop. When all else fails, I'll lay flat on my back, take deep breaths, and focus on relaxing my body, one area at a time. I start with my toes and work my way up. It's usually enough to make my mind focus on just one thing, instead of the millions that are flying around in there, and I usually drift off before I get above my mid section.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Chamomile tea works for me plus warm milk. Also I saw recently that some people will have some turkey coldcuts before going to bed so the tryptophan in it will help. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• lavender bubble baths?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011