Is it so bad??

Being a single parent?

I mean Im with my bf because of the baby and thats it.. the baby isnt even here yet.. He treats me ok but there are times where i wanna go insane. He drinks way to much and i cant figure out how he does it without a job. He doesnt work and i honestly like he doesnt want too.. My parents keeping telling they think when the baby gets here that he is just going to leave and to be honest i think the same way. My feelings for him are almost all gone.
and i dont know what eles to do because i know i wont get child support from him or anything.. help me please what do you all think i should do and whats your thoughts on being a single parent?

annamaria92

Asked by annamaria92 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Being a single parent is hard, but being with a moron is worse. With one child if you have family support and it sounds as if you might then it wont be that bad. I did it with 4 kids and no family support at all. They wouldnt even babysit for me. Even with that I was so much more happier then I ever was with my ex.

Answer by gemgem at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am not a single mom so I cannot help you with that insight. However, you need to do what you feel is best for both you and the baby. Do you have family support? That would make a difference, but in the end the choice of what to do is ultimately yours to make. If you take this to court he will have to pay child support. You will need help financially and you should be able to get that help. Hopefully you will receive some good responses that may help you. Also try some Cafemom groups I think there is one for single moms.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am a single mom, it was the best discion i have ever made, I did not like the person i was when i was with my ex's. They were not good for me and they were abusive, i did not want my son seeing that. If i wasn't happy i knew my son wouldn't be happy, in order to be a good parent you must take care of yourself. Being a single mom is not easy but it is rewarding.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Its alot of work! but it is better than being wiht someone that isnt going to help anyways and a drinker...you can do it!! group hug

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have lots of family support.. My mom is getting me everything i need for the baby.. but thats not what i want.. i told my mom i rather say mom can you HELP me get this not mom CAN you get this for me.. i love my family but they dont even like my bf.. My mom just started being ok with my pregnancy. i guess the only thing thats missing is someone who is going to be a real father to my kid.. And even i take him to court and he has to pay he wont because he doesnt even have a job..
    annamaria92

Comment by annamaria92 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Its hard being a single mom but if you're upset your child will see that and it will affect them. and basically your a single parent now because if hes not working then you are supporting both of you
    curciedanielle

Answer by curciedanielle at 1:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i dont want my kid growing up around that because not only him but his dad is an alcoholic and i dont need my kid thinking thats oka..
    annamaria92

Comment by annamaria92 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011