What would you do: You see a homeless man laying on the street, stop and help or keep walking?

Just saw this on TV. A homeless man is laying on the street, many people walk by and then a handicap homeless stops and asks many people to call an ambulance. They look and keep on walking. She was so precious and wanted help for this stranger. I am crying as I write this ....what have we come to as a nation? She only needed an ambulance. She wasn't asking for money, time, food just a call. WYR: help or keep walking?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in

• I would help. To me I try to help as often as I can. My DD was very sick this past summer and in the hospital for 2 months. There were so many people that helped us along the way that I like to pay it forward.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'd call 911, but I would not approach the person. I'd keep a distance and wait for the ambulance to show up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Stop and get help. He is someone's son.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well kinda had this happen already. We had a neighbor who was homeless and staying with another neighbor. He was always drunk. I mean like falling over drunk. One day he was passed out in the middle of the road. I dont know how long he had been there, it had to be maybe 1-2pm. I called 911 and told them there was someone laying in the road. Then I went back to my life.

Answer by gemgem at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• When you have been homeless you know two things who will take your help and who will not but i would leave a meal in his cart or leave a jacket or if he or she needs a couple bucks either way I would figure it out and do what I know they would accept or do in my heart what I knew was right.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would call 911! I volunteer with homeless people a lot. A lot of the hate they receive isn't warrented and it's very sad... a lot of homeless people are veterans. .
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i would def make the call, i guess i can understand people wanting to keep walking... this world is going downhill fast people need to start having love for one another again... what if that was you on the side of the road and nobody cared????
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would have called for help
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Help of course. that is cruel. just cause someone is homeless doesn't make them a bad person. its very sad.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• stop and help him
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

Next question in
WYR have beef or pork?

Next question overall (General Parenting)
Is it so bad??