Anyone like me.. 25 no friends no social life and never parited!?

Ok. I'll be 26 in a couple of days and feel that I'm just existing and have never had fun or good time in my life. I have NO, NOPE, ZIP, ZERO friends. My parents kept a tight hand on me until I move out 2yrs ago. I do have a beautiful 3 year old and my ex is in and out of my life. Without him I'd be completely alone. My family is shady and two faced so I don't communicate with them. I have never been on a social outing, never went to a party never celebrated anything with girlfriends none of that. I feel like I'm the only person in this world like this. Growing up my parents forbade me from making friends and going out or talking to kids at school. They did the same with my siblings but iknowing how I grew up I told them to make friends and ignore my parents on that. They are all very social and I'm the shy awkward one. Its hard to make friends now because of how I grew up. Am I alone? My. Bday is coming up and I will just be working and nothing. Its sad and depressing sometimes. Its sad having no one to call talk ot share stuff with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand that it is hard. I think that one way to make friends to start going to play groups with your DD. Most of the friends I have right now are parents of children that my children play with. We have been friends for 9 years and it is great to have people that understand what I am going through and how things have been.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Find an interest. Go to church. You recognize it is a problem. Decide how you are going to solve it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• go to meetup.com and look for moms' groups, play groups, reading groups...........whatever your interests are. And if you can do some volunteer work somewhere you might find it really helps. The more we give the more we receive
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• hug
    elizabr

• you are not the only one either im going to be 26 in September and we have a lot in common when it came to family and social life hit me up maybe we can start something
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• well u did have a friend when you were with your baby daddy. I understand the "feeling" of being alone. If you want to make friend you gotta get up and go make some. Enjoy casual conversation explore new hobbies. ignore your family and make a new family. Good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Me! I'm 28 and never partied and only have 1 real friend besides my DH. Mine is a result of anxiety, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• im a quite and shy person too with no friends but my mom never kept me from doing things i used to be a very social person and i dont know what happened lol
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 1:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i do get to go out about once a week, but never to parties or just having a lot of fun. I know how you feel, i didn't go out for the 1st 3 years after my 1st son was born. I am only 24, I will be 25 in May. pm if you want and we can talk
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2011