My newborns, Thomas and Taylor, just born on the 20 Feb, are still in the hospital. They are a month and half premature. But their lungs are very under developed. How do you keep sane while the doctors keep saying that they need to stay longer in the hospital. It is affecting my relationship with my husband. And I have a feeling that the dr's aren't telling me something.

mommy-2-be-twin

Asked by mommy-2-be-twin at 10:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First take a deep breath. Second keep a note book of everything the doctors say. My DD was in the hospital in August 2010 for 2 months. When she first went in the nurse told us we would be home in a week, the next morning the doctors told us that she might not make it. It is never easy to have to watch your child be sick and in the hospital. I would see if there a parents that you can connect with who have been through what you have. at our hospital they have parents reps that help new NICU parents. Also, talk to the doctors and ask them to be honest with you and not tell you everything. At least for me this is what worked. I wanted to know everything up front and I didn't want it sugar coated. I also started a carepage, this was a great way to get my frustrations out and to let people know what was going on with out having to make 100 calls. Good Luck and if you want send me a message!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• With hormones still running rampant, I'm sure you're going crazy with worry. With the twins being born early and having under developed lungs......the best place for them is the hospital. I'm sure the Dr.'s are telling you all the important information. Even they can't be sure when you're boys will be ready to go home because it will be based on how they progress. They also can't know what, if any complications will arise. As for your husband.....he's going through the stress just as you are. Be patient and take it 1 day at a time. Good luck!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The doctors are probably telling you what they know. They do not want to alarm you or to give you false hopes. This is a difficult time. Remember the boys need both you and your husband. Try and stay strong.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I so remember going through this very thing. Try to focus on the fact that your boys are exactly where they need to be and they are getting the care they need. Do not be afraid to ask the doctors or nurses anything; they are telling you what they know but remember, they are not fortune tellers and cannot predict the future. It is best to dialogue WITH them. You and your husband need to come together during this time. Stay strong. Best of luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• prayingill be praying for your lil angels!!!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• hugs

carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't think the drs would be hiding something from you. My babies were born 2 months premature. My older son stayed in the NICU for 15 days. My younger son stayed for 21 days. It was harder on me the second time around. Not sure why. But try to relax. They will both be home with you soon. I know it's hard. You will get through this. (((hugs)))
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• when i had my daughter she didnt even stay in the same hospital with me and my SO barley came to see me. i cried and cried i guess just pretending like you know its going to be fine. my EMily was born 3wks early not onlt tht i diated all the way just to have to get a c-ssection. and be all durrrrr when i got to see yer for the 3seconds before they took her away from me
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my oldest son was born premature(he was born at 30 weeks) he was in the hospital for 30 days and that was the longest and hardest 30 days of my life. He also was born with underdeveloped lungs and weighed 2 pounds 2 ounces. You just have to remember the doctors know what is best and they wouldn't do anything to harm them. They are there to give them the best care possible and want you to be at your best when seeing them. It sounds like they are getting the best of care, so try to relax and be with them as much as possible
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My daughter was born on november 1, 2010 she was born on the day i turned 29wks i had placental abruption due to having severe preeclampisa. my daughter almost didnt make it due to all the blood and oxygen she lost. the dr had to work on her for 11mins. they were just about to call it when her heart starting beating and she started breathing agian... she had to have a g-tube(still has it) she doesnt suck or swallow. she just got her gag reflexes.she had to have a nissen fundoplication bc she has severe reflux. ...she was in the hospital for 11wks. she came on on her due datw jan 17. 2011. she is 17wks old today and 6wks weeks old.. she is doing good now
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 2:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2011