Is this Normal adult content

I am on birth control to control how long and hard my monthly "friend" lasts, the problem is I am only on the second week of when I shouldn't be having it and I am bleeding like I am having a normal period. Has anyone else dealt with this and what have you done about it?

I have been on it for 3 and a half years now. 

I also have endometriosis; thanks for the information Hope4Teal it is helpful and I will be calling my doctor today.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I have dealt with issues like this & the main thing I would suggest is to see a gyno! Being that you have been on the bc for 3 1/2 yrs now, your body should already be used to it. Your body can suddenly start reacting differently from a birth control, but I would see a doc. I am a fighter/suvivor/advocate for ovarian cancer & endometriosis; the two most important rules that I have learned is GOOD doctors suggest that if a woman has symptoms for 5days, they need to be seen by a medical professional and two it's your body so trust your instinct. You know whats normal & whats not, go with that! Many people including drs will say that your symptoms are common for all women, however whether it's a health prob or just a one time thing it's not normal. I'm sure your fine but def keep an eye on it & watch for other symptoms. Feel free to msg me if you have ?s.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 2:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• you have to give the birth control a month or two to start regulating your period, I've been on birth control on & off for 8 years and it took a month or two for it to start making my "friend" lighter. I am anemic so I use bc to help with the flow and also, to control birth lol. good luck, if you're worried call the doc.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011