Taking a hot not too hot bath while pregnant...

Ok now I'm kinda of stressing...someone asked if it was ok to take bathes while pregnant and they say not too hot . I'm stressing because my water might of been just a little hotter than it should of been, I only took about 2-3 bathes with the water like that, it cooled a little fast though. Now is that just one to many and worry or I shouldn't worry about it too much and the baby is fine?

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that is all i take are baths. I have 2 kids and pregnant with number 3 I can't take a bath unless it is hot I just don't soak my belly in it I might lay back and wash my hair or I might was, but I don't lay back and just soak.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yea I mean my belly is usually like above water like you could see my belly button and just your able to see my whole stomach when I take baths.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I be laying back and might soak for a little while like 20mins
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think it also depends on how far along you are. In the beginning I was more worried about it, but recently (6 months along now) I went into the hospital with pain and found that I had strained a joint in my hip. They told me a soak in the tub would help and to not worry so much about the temp. I think as long as you're not taking a bath ALL the time, and the baby is a bit more developed, then there really shouldn't be too much cause for alarm. Plus, most women don't own bathtubs that they can sit in without their bellies popping out of the water :)
    eevers

Answer by eevers at 10:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm 20wks 1day
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No I don't thanks
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well at this point there is nothing you can do so I wouldn't stress too much about it. I would however make sure you watch the water temp in the future.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks ladies
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think that the baby will be just fine go ahead and take your baths.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No worries, baths are just fine when pregnant. If you are too warm in the bath, then the water is too hot. It really has nothing to with the baby getting burnt but, more to with blood pressure and fainting.
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011