Have you ever wondered how long does an EMT,Dr, or other medical worker try to ressusitate an unconscious patient when no one is looking?

spiderdo you think they always go by the rules. do they perform CPR for 10 minutes when they should have done it for half hour ? hmmm.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• As a former EMT this is rather insulting to me. I worked to one person when no others were around. I just happened to drive up on the scene and there was only the one person in the car. I performed CPR until the ambulance got there and while I have no idea how long that was I guarantee I did what I could to save that person though sadly they did not make it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Are you saying that you think they don't work as hard to save ppl unless someone is watching them?!? That's kind of insulting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• well if a simple question offends you, you must have pretty thin skin. it is a question. btw there are slackers in every profession.
    when i ask a question on cm no one knows what my opinion on the matter is- a question pops up in my mind i type- that's it.
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Didn't mom ever tell you that just because you think of something doesn't mean you have to say it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have wondered! I have seen nurses do some pretty terrible things in the hospital so I could imagine how the question would come to your mind.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• lol anon
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm also offended by this. And no, I don't have "thin skin". I'm an EMT, CNA, and a Nursing student. I have NEVER met anyone who would slack off on CPR. By the way, it also depends on the person's arrhythmia, length of time, current physical state, standing orders, etc.
    mpm915

Answer by mpm915 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011