what do you think................

I live in a studio apartment with neighbors very close on all sides. Sometimes my son can be very loud when he is on the carpet playing because he likes to kick the floor HARD. I try to keep it to a minimum and never past 10 pm, but we have this one neighbor whose bedroom is right behind our wall and he spends most of his time there in his bed. He always bangs on our wall when the baby plays. Now I understand he is being loud but he is a baby! He has a right to play in his own home! At least I restrict it to during the day, this neighbor routinly has guests over until early in the morning and they are not always perfectly quiet themselves!

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some people are rude, when you live in an apartment or any other home that has a person right next to you, and you have kids, it like it doesnt even feel like its your own home, you have to try making everyone else happy.
    i guess if it was me, i'd write your thoughts down and copy it and tell the manager how you do have respect for others next to you but its constantly a problem for you and your child. hopefully that does something and if not, kindly write the next door neighbor a letter but sometimes people will just write a rude letter back, so be ready for that.
    If all else fails, maybe you will have to be the rude person everyone doesnt like!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I'd tell him to go take a hike. Babies will be babies...what does he want you to do, muzzle the baby? If it continues to be a problem, I would talk to the landlord or leasing company.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would just re-arrange the room so the baby's crib isn't on that wall... You don't have to confront the guy, but you both have legitimate points and you might as well take the high road and compromise by trying to keep the noise away from his wall. That's really all you ought to be required to do. He can deal with it otherwise.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008