Soda and weight loss

I know how unhealthy my habits are which is why i am working towards changing them. I ONLY drink soda. Mountain dew to be exact. I drink two liters a day, sometimes more. If i drink less i get a migrane and extremely sleepy. I'm 5'5 and 185 lbs. I plan on cutting soda out cold turkey this week and switching to water. I also plan on eating more whole wheats. Everything else in my diet is pretty healthy. How much weight should i lose from this? Can anyone speak from experience on how they handled it and how much they lost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• I can't say how much you'll lose but please do it!!! For a natural pick-me-up, try orange juice mixed with low-sodium club soda. Stick with mainly water though.

Good luck!!! I hope you see results quickly so you'll stick with it. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i can relate...diet actually kills your matabolism but regular has calories but you are on the right track...DO NOT quit cold turkey, you wont stick to it then. Slowly go from your two liters to like 1 and a half and then drink water the rest of the day and then to 1 and so on. you have to train your body to get off the bad habit slowly and trick it. if only i could follow my own advice lol i drink lots of diet soda.As soon as you get lower and lower intake of soda, you should see some improvements
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• At one point I was a diet soda addict . . . I wound up feeling terrible by the end of the day from all of the chemicals and caffiene . . . I switched to drinking selzter or club soda whenever I felt the need to cold bubbly drinks.

I do have to admit, though, that I think my addiction just tranferred to the bubbly water because I get really out-of-sorts when I run out for a few days.

I saw an episode on TV of a reality show where there was a girl who was being treated for a soda addiction . . . . she didn't eat any food, just drank soda all day . . . . they wound up having to titrate her off, so she would have less withdrawals. Have you though of cutting down slowly to try and avoid the migraines?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I drank more than 2 liters everyday. I stopped by giving it up during lent. I had the caffeine withdrawals. I drink water, but allow myself to have a soda once every other month. And to be honest I lost no weight from it sorry :(
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011