wats the best way 2 make the baby bottle? boil water, or spring water

DannyBoo

Asked by DannyBoo at 12:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I used the "Nursery Water" for the first three months, and now we just use tap water (Her doctor said that was fine, seeing as how we are on city water and not well water or anything like that, and our water gets pretty high ratings when they do the quality checks)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• we just used filtered water
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We used bottled water in the beginning and then switched to tap water when our dd was old enough. If your water is safe and clean, then you can use that and save some money.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If you use WELL water , then you need to boil it.

Otherwise, use tap water or Nursery water. Both (probably) contain flouride.
    Regular bottled water is the worst thing you can use since it won't have the flouride her developing teeth need.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I used distilled water. Then when we moved to where the water quality was better, I started using tap water. As far as the nursery water, I heard the floride is actually bad to use before they get teeth, something about the gums being damaged because gums don't need floride. Not trying to be argumentative, just offering different perspective, it may be something for you to research further if its a concern for you.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We use nursery water as well, but some people seem to think its sanitized. IT IS NOT (read the label). You still need to boil it!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my doctor always told me that tap water from city water was just as fine as nursery water. Plus if you boil the water all the time then your baby wont get immune to germs and will be more prone to getting sick- that hat i think atleast
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• So glad I don't have to worry about this crap. Our bodies were made so perfect...anyway.

I would boil water even it is from the tap. City water does have a small amount of contaminants in it. Boiling and allowing the water to sit will also allow the chlorine to evaporate out of it as well. Boiling tap water also changes the fluoride content of it as well as fluoride is affected by temperature. If I HAD to give my kids a bottle I would use reverse osmosis water.

BTW, a baby's body doesn't become immune to septic waste--they die from it. Nursery water is bad IMO, because of the high amounts of fluoride. I think they're being sued or something.
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 12:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• we used tap water. it is easier and faster. at first i did the boil wter thing. then iw as like what is the point of this. it takes soo long and by the time the child gets the bottle they are to mad to actually eat.lol.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 12:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Depending on where you live, tap water is ok. Ask your pediatrician. We used tap water, but we would boil a huge pot of it at once, then have a pitcher of it in the fridge for formula.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008