Netbooks

I wanted to get a netbook / laptop. We have an old desktop computer that works great, but I want something of my own. A netbook caught my interest because I can actually afford that, while a laptop is a little expensive for me, but I am reading some good and some bad reviews. Now, I really just want the netbook to browse the internet, facebook, cafemom, email, and I love to write (poetry, stories, etc), which is why I want my own computer so I can write whenever instead of trying to fight for the computer. I've seen them, so I know the screen and keyboard is smaller, which doesn't bother me, just takes adjustment. I know they don't have a cd drive, which I don't care about. If I want to download music or made cds, I can use the regular computer. Is the netbook actually good or no? Some say how great it is, and others say all their's do is freeze and don't work properly. Should I get one?

sleepymamaof3

Asked by sleepymamaof3 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Technology

• I have never had any issues with my Acer. I have had it for 2 years. I have two other laptops and the desktop. I prefer the netbook over the big laptops. I bring it everywhere with me as it is small enough to fit in whatever bag I am carrying around with.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• sorry i cant help with that but i have been thinking about the same thing as well. mainly for internet as well because at our cabin internet sucks so i would be more mobile and catch hotspots but not sure which to get.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I had a netbook and I don't see any downside to using one to do the things you mentioned. It's people that try to use them for gaming or running programs that use a lot of process's/memory that run into problems with them. Any PC is capable of having problems, not just netbooks. Used properly and knowing their limits is important.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It sounds like it would suit your purposes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I have an hp mini netbook which works great for me. It is lighter than a labtop. I take it everywhere. The battery life is pretty good. And why use cds, I have flash drives for music and movies and files. I did get an external hard drive to store large files on. You don't want too much stuff on your netbook or it will run really slow. I also uninstalled alot of uselss crap they preinstall for you that I don't need. It has a webcam for skypeing my relatives who are scattered all over the world. I got it at best buys for $299. which is really cheap. It works great. I've had no problems with mine. Would definitely recommend it. It only comes with the color red though ( I wanted blue)... :)
    AlyssaM0mmy

Answer by AlyssaM0mmy at 4:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011