Is this answer hateful?

It was in response to a question on whether you believe in Miracles.

"No, and please don't use my children as proof of miracles. It's called biological reproduction, also known as meiosis."

KristiS11384

Asked by KristiS11384 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I just checked out the post you are referring too and it seems she has some issues with you or does not like you. She should've just ignored it, if i don't like what someone has to say i usually don't like to start an argument over someones opinion, i think everyone is entitled to that and just because someone doesn't like it is no reason to start a fight on here. Like i said i can see she has a problem with you anyway and that is why it got blown into something it wasn't. I wouldn't let her get to you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Hateful toward whom? In order for it to be "hateful" wouldn't there have to be some hate in the statement? What "hate" is represented in that answer, and to whom is it imagined to be directed?

Did someone actually say that that answer was "hateful"?  Wow. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• sorry I don't think it is hateful it is just a person who doesn't believe in miracles and looks at the science of things instead of the wonder in them. I say to each their own and if you believe in miracles then don't let this person change that. It is not worth getting mad over.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It's not hateful in and of itself; however, after looking at the question, it's pretty obvious that the OP put it out there as a love-fest to share miraculous experiences, NOT as a serious intellectual debate on the feasibility of miracles. So in that case, if I were you, I would have just skipped the question altogether instead of responding in the fashion you did. And if I were the OP, I would have just ignored your response.
    Does that make sense?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Hateful, no. I happen to agree with you. I don't think there's anything miraculous about having a baby either.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I know the post in which you are refering to and honestly, no the comment you made was not hateful but yes a little snarky but who cares, its YOUR opinion. If someone doesn't want an opinion then they shouldn't be asking. You seem to look at things in a scientific view , thats great...people like me on the other hand tend to go towards the mystical side of things. . .it seems some people are just drama queens or can't handle when someone thinks differently then them...thats the way the world works, if everyone thought the same it would be a boring place to live and i would probably shoot myself in the face.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 12:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No, it's an opinion. I think the people who say it's bitchy are being bitchy because it's not THEIR opinion. Nothing more. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No, it's not hateful in my opinion. It doesn't put anyone else down for thinking or believing differently about it; it's just an expression of opinion based on science.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My answer to the Question Kristi (the OP) is referring to:

NO

I believe there are things that Science has yet to explain.

And like my dear, wise, kind and loving, smart friend KristiS...I DO NOT believe the birth of a child is in any way, shape, or form a "miracle". (Science explained THAT one years ago.)

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2011