What is the story behind your name choice?

I just love hearing the interesting stories and such that people have for the names they've chosen. Our daughter will be Chloe Audrey. Chloe just because it's always been a favorite of mine, and Audrey after my grandmother who just passed the month before we found out we were pregnant. I told my grandfather as part of his Christmas present (found out the gender about 2 days beforehand) I've never in my life seen that man cry. It was probablt one of the best gifts I'll ever give ni my life :)

eevers

Asked by eevers at 11:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Baby Names

• I wanted somthing unique and i wanted it to be 100% my decision. My sons name is Kylan Matthew. I chose Kylan because it is an irish name and im german an irish an matthew for 2 reason it means girft from the Lord and it is also my grandfathers middle name and my cuzins
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Joseph Ray.. First name Joseph was my Great Grandfathers middle name, and my ex's middle name was Ray.

Jacob Arthur.. Or eldest picked out the name Jacob, and Arthur was my ex FIL's name

Lucas Charles.. I worked at a preschool yrs ago and just loved a little boy named Lucas, and Charles was my late fathers middle name.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well me and my SO had a name chosen about a couple months after I found out I was pregnant. We had a rocky relationship and decided I did not want the name we choose together so when I gave birth I was stuck on naming her Kristina but everyone told me that is too common and the nurses were rushing me and telling me I have to have a name before 5pm so I went online saw Gianna *God is Gracious* and badda bing badda bomb..Gianna !
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Alysha-Hubby's first baby. He was scared to death of babies, but one night thought up a name! I was so proud of him.
    August(Gus) Roman-August is my grandfathers name, and Roman is Hubby's granddad
    Torri-if she had dark hair she was going to be Sophia, but if she had light hair it was Torri. The minute she was out I yelled"It's a Torri!"
    Donovan- the nurse asked me if I had a name for him and that name just came out of my mouth.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Helen Elise - Helen was my Great Grandmother's name and Elise because I think it's a beautiful name
    Benjamin David - I just always wanted a "Ben". My husband picked David, in honor of my brother.
    Joshuah Alan - Josh is just a cool name and Alan was the name of a good friend of my husband who passed away suddenly.
    Phillip Andrew - Andrew is my cousin's name and now my brother, David's son's name. I'm not sure how we came up with Phillip.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 12:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My daughter Aubrey has no name behind her first, I just fell in love the moment I heard it and new it was the one type thing.. haha.. her middle name Sue is named after my wonderful mother! My daughter Layla is biracial and her name means "dark beauty" so I thought that was pretty.. & her middle name is Rose after my grandmother & sisters middle names(: I love family names as middle names!
    My SD Briley is part of my husbands name and "baby mamaaaas" name put together.. so I think its cute.. if fits for mine & my husbands name being put together too.. must be why i like it! haha
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 3:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Afton Craig- i fell in love with the name Afton so i chose it and refused to budge i loved it that much. Craig is my step-dads middle name and i really wanted to name my son after him just to show him how much a appreciate how much he's done for me and for taking on the role of being my dad when he didn't have to be. :) Also my ds's father is out of his life completely so i'm changing his last name and instead of giving Afton my last name (my biological father's last name who is completely out of my life) i'm giving him my mom's maiden name :) they're the only family that's ever been there and i love them so much. My grandparents and i my grandpa especially was very touched :)
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail. I got Scarlett from the actress on the TV show "Reba". I saw her name, Scarlett Pomers, in the opening credits once and fell in love with Scarlett instantly. I got Abigail from the character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives". I fell in love with the name Abigail and the nickname Abby the first time I ever heard it. It's funny because my mom always named me after a character on "Days Of Our Lives" (Kayla).
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My oldest daughter's name means, "in the image of friendship." She is certainly the most friendly child I've ever met. In fact, most people describe her personality as "friendly" and "sunny." My second child's name means "fiery little rock." He is certainly that. He is very passionate and very persistent. (Both of those can annoy me, but they are good personality traits.) His name fits him so perfectly. Our second son's name means "ruler of work of the forest." I know, odd meaning. However, he is a little workhorse already. Constantly busy. He also loves trees and leaves. So, oddly enough, his name fits him very well. (Another alternate meaning for his name is "strength of the home, man of the forest." Both meanings imply an outdoorsy manly type quality, which he has so far shown to be the case.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I just really loved her first name, and her middle name is my DH's Grandma's name, who raised him for part of his life
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 12:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2011