What was your experience with the Depo Shot?

Asking for my daughter. She had been on it before, but this time, she has had a period for two out of the three months... Does this sound normal?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• I hated it. All I did was gain weight and bleed for 2 months! I actually had to get IV fluids from the constant bleeding and iron loss. THEN I got pregnant on it too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i loved it. i was on it for 7 years and if i remember right i stopped having a period after my second shot. lol didnt know what to do when i got off it and started having them again. i sat in the alsie for at least 30 mins trying to figure out what i should buy (brand and what flow) lol. i thought i was nuts myself.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Hated it. Bleed almost the entire time & my hair fell out in clumps.
    Anonymous

• Not good. I bled for 9 weeks straight. When it was time for another shot, I just got on the pill.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011