Military wives...

My husband is going inprocess at his new duty station sometime in the next week. The entire time he was in basic training, he did not enroll me and my son in DEERS. He had all the necessary paperwork and when he came home for Christmas, he left it all here. Now he is saying we can't get housing unless we are enrolled in DEERS and that I need to go meet him when he inprocesses to give him the stuff. I have been on his tail about this for MONTHS and all of a sudden he is trying to make this my problem. I have been telling him for months that me and my son aren't going to be going with him till he gets housing to avoid unnecessary hotel bills and stuff. But he won't stop with telling me I need to go up there with him right away. What should I tell him? Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Either way you will have to go up there to give him the paperwork. He needs your BC and your child's BC, your marriage certificate and your and your child's SS cards. My husband always leaves everything up to me and then blames me for his faults. Just suck it up and deal with it. Sorry no other advice.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I couldn't enroll in DEERS until after hubby had graduated from basic training since we didn't get married until after then. All I had to do was go to any military base, bring the paperwork and I was enrolled. My husband had to then go to his duty station in Germany and request that I be sponsored so that I could come over. From the day he left for Germany to the day that I arrived it was 1 1/2 months. I would go with him and if you have to, go back home once the paperwork is done, however, from my friend's experience, if you show up with your husband, then most of the time, they will find you housing very quickly.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2011