Need to get motivated?

I need to get motivated to go back to the gym and eat right. My life has been crazy because my DD is sick and I am a stress eater. I love sweets and need something that will satisfy this craving without totally throwing me off my course.

I do good for a week or so and the something happens and I eat like crazy.  Any ideas on a good healthy way to detox my body so I am not always craving sweets.

THanks!

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• Prepare yourself before something stressful happens. Tell yourself several times a day that you don't want or need sweets. Keep notes around reminding yourself that you don't need the sweets. Before the stressful times hit, make sure you have something heathy that you can grab instead of the sweets.

Clean your place out of the sweets and replace with fresh fruit and vegetables.

Start getting up 15 minutes early in the morning and start with short workouts and built from there. During the course of the day find another time where you can fit in another short 15 minute workout. Before you know it, you'll be able to add more time.

Good luck
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Start with simple changes, one a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat a half pound of non-starchy vegetables every day.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011