Steriods?

Has anyone every had any experience with steriods?  My DD was on them for 6 weeks and has been off of them for almost a month.  I was wondering how long it takes for the extra weight to come off.  She gained about 15 lbs and I know it is starting to come off just wondering how much longer it will take.  She is getting frustrated because some of her clothes don't ft and not matter how much we tell her it is because of the medication she doesn't always understand that.  She is 9 and has been through a lot over the past 5 months.

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• i agree with pp, keep up the encouragement with her, make her feel good
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I know with the steroids it is mostly water weight that she has gained. I also know that she is not as active right now because she can't be so that is going to contribute as well.
    cornflakegirl3

Comment by cornflakegirl3 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I didn't realize steroids cause weight gain
    bcraine

Answer by bcraine at 10:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2011