What do you think of ppl who plan pregnancies they can't afford?

I know someone who planned to get pregnant with her boyfriend (late 20's) and she has no job, no money, and no insurance. The boyfriend works at bestbuy and makes about $12/hr.
So she will be living off the system... WIC, welfare, whatever the free insurance is, ect... . I know that its a persons right but that doesn't make it right. I really find it disgusting and wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree. It is their choice but I don't think it is the right choice. We are entitled to our personal opinions. I know plenty of people who do this though and it kind of saddens me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Why is she having kids with a boyfriend? She can't be on his insurance anyway. I don't get the entire mentality of having kids with a man you aren't married to. Sorry if that steps on some toes. I'm just being honest.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think that it's reprehensible for someone to make a decision like that. It means that the rest of us are paying for her poor decision. And the child will probably pay in lost opportunities. It's a shame that she couldn't look 5 years in the future to find out how hard it will be, or 20 years in the future and see how her kids turn out.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think if you PLAN a pregnancy you can not afford and you CHOOSE to make the tax payers support your child it becomes our business. We work hard to provide for our kids and NOT so we can provide for those who are too lazy to take care of their own kids. It's not rocket science that if you can't pay for a kid you don't need one yet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• As a society, IT IS OUR BUSINESS.
    They will have a child they can't support, cannot educate properly, and obviously cannot teach ethics and prnciples that will make our place a better world....

I am sorry if I'm wrong, but perhaps lazy, unproductive people that use the Government to make money, cannot raise children the right way.They reproduce themselves in many, many replicas...... Does our society need this ?

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• well personally I don't think any less of them than I do people who get pregnant on purpose because someone else is pregnant, it's their choice what they do and not my business.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• personally if you have every researches how much babies will cost you chances are NOOBODY can actually afford em... Its all in money managment i didnt plan my pregnancy but, i def was not financially ready but i have everything and more my son would ever want I say if you are ready to have a baby but you are not 100% financial able There is alot of help out there. Babies are such a wonderful gift to this world :D HOWEVER planning to use the system like that is not a good idea...
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well my opinion is if we waited to afford to be able to have a baby almost no one would be having children especially now.. Is it right for her to NOT have a job and use the governments welfare for her own benifits uhh NO.. but if she had a job but still couldn't afford health insurance and was on food stamps and wic and the whole 9 yards. then It doesn't bother me Her tax money would go to it why couldn't she use it? ya know? but the situation she is in is wrong and she should probably look for a job because 12/hour is not a whole lot of money. especially for a family of 3.
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• personally, i think that people that do this are very stupid, and they are just taking the easy way out. it is their preference, but it makes the rest of the low income people look really bad. my ex husband has a cousin that has 8 kids, with different fathers, and she doesnt even take care of them.just gets pregnant to get money but i know some low income families that can't even get on foodstamps becuase of some kind of technicality, and they really struggle to find $5. so its a shame that there are people out there that use the system like this, while others who really need it suffer. on the other side of the coin, i have also seen people at the welfare office that drive hummers, and new cars and have all kinds of gold jewlry, etc, etc. that is really disgusting. think it's worse that they get away with using the system. btw my family is low income and we r doing everything we can to better ourselves. it is bs.
    tigerphoenix

Answer by tigerphoenix at 12:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think it is wrong as well and very selfish. Just because you want a child does not mean the rest of us should foot the bill just so you can have one. Yes unplanned things happen that people aren't ready for, but why would anyone in their right mind PLAN for a baby that they can't financially take care of? Why would you take the risk that you might not be able to give the child what it needs?! You cannot assume or rely on being taken care of by others because you never know what could happen and you'll be left on your own with nothing.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011