I am trying to decide if I should go to the store manager?

Read my post titled SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE MANAGERS,AM I RIGHT? Ever since it happened,I can't get it out of my head and I am having nightmares about it! I was up most of last night. When I tried to sleep,my mind instantly went to what happened at work.

dancer

Asked by dancer at 12:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't put up with that type of shit from anyone. I'm a bull, I address it, and I get determined. No offense, but I sure as hell wouldn't put up with that at some place as trivial as McDonalds. Those jobs are a dime a dozen. So I'd go to the manager, tell her you would like to be spoken to with respect and in an acceptable tone of voice, and be nice about it so she doesn't get defensive. If it doesn't work, than take a walk.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Being as you need the insurance, I understand your reluctance to make waves.
    I think you should go to the store manager. Take the approach that you are trying to help the new manager. Say soemthing like "She seems to not be sure of how to manage and that will not be good for the morale of the shift." Let him/her know how she has been handling things and do it in a way that you would like the store manager to offer her encouragement.
    If you go in complaining, they are more likely to see you as trying to cause problems and less likely to address the issue. If you go in as you are trying to help the team and want the McD's to continue to suceed, you are more likely to get a response to your liking.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The sooner you bring it up, the better. It took me a long time to bring up some problems with a co-worker, and by the time I finally did, that co-worker had smooth-talked his way into the favor of MY Boss...so, I had to start showing "proof" of why that guy was an idiot. I had many nights where I woke up angry because of that guy, but finally, thankfully, I've gotten to the point where my boss will side with me because I'm right rather than the other guy because he is "a friend".
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 8:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Thank u for all your answers!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011