Hide Away In Rockford

This amuses me - maybe this is what we need to increase our tourism industry - more stupid elected officials to flee the jurisdiction and boost the economy in other regions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwcVHyk3FBE

Props to Rockford for turning it into a positive - anywhere else we should turn into a fugitive senator/representative tourist economy?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, that's just awesome. Although Rick Nielsen should probably go hide in Wisconsin after he made that comment about his wife's cooking.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• As in IL? In the winter? I was there last winter.....I'd have picked somewhere a little farther south!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• LMAO!!

rolling on floor

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Have you been to Rockford? It is hardly a destination. There is much more to do in Chicago

Answer by rkoloms at 1:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You can't keep an American down. Give us lemons, or runaway legislatures, and we make lemon aid.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have lots of family in Rockford. I love the city. My mother grew up there, and we spent many Thanksgivings and Christmases at my grandparents' house. In fact, I'm related to Rick Nielsen by marriage. His wife is one of my mother's cousins. Not that it has anything to do with this question. . . but I'm not sure what the question is, to be honest.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 1:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• but I'm not sure what the question is, to be honest.

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• – collapse
    How dare them "stupid" politicians stand up with their constitiuents against their rights being stripped away

Maybe you would support them more if they staples niftly lil tea bags to their hats
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• How dare them "stupid" politicians stand up with their constitiuents against their rights being stripped away

Next time, you should at least pretend to watch the video first lest you make an ass of yourself.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I figured it was only a matter of time..... LOL

Good for them
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011