Does my cat know I'm pregnant?..

My cat will come up to me while I'm sitting down on the couch and he'll start kneading my belly..He won't do it on any other part of my body either, just my stomach. Its so cute to watch, my hubby finds it really funny and cute as well. Sometimes he'll knead my stomach for like ten minutes straight... Do you think he knows?

fujin06

Asked by fujin06 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pets

• You're probably just emitting more heat from that area. Either that or he's a jealous kitty pushing that baby back to wherever it came from!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• lol I like that answer xD
    fujin06

Comment by fujin06 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• lol, that's pretty cute. And yes I think he knows.
    My cat was stuck up and would have nothing to do with me, she even slept on hubby's feet. Now, she sleeps wrapped around my stomach (pain in my butt she hogs the blankets and the room lol) and she has been following me around the house and "talks" to me all the time. My dog on the other hand has turned into a big baby and just mopes around the house like his world is over, he isn't as happy as he used to be.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes. He definitely knows. :) Animals always know. Your scent changes because of differences in hormones and they tend to attach themselves to you when this happens. Don't be surprised if he gets protective too.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Mine 3 animals knew with both kids (2 dogs, 1 cat) . At first I get the cold shoulder from the cat, then after 8 weeks or so he won't get off my stomach. About 4 weeks prior to their birth he won't come near my stomach, he sits next to me. One of my dogs did something similar, the other one avoided me altogether till after baby.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 1:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yes, animals are smart. my two dogs know i am pregnant, they always put one paw on my belly and they rub their heads on it and lay on it.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 12:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I absolutely believe your cat may know! I used to have a cat that didn't really care to be cuddled, but once a month for about 8 days(you know what I mean), he would knead my lower belly and curl up there, acting as my own little hot water bottle. The warmth and weight of his little body on my tummy was always such a comfort to me!
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 9:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2011