What if God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit really are 3 seperate individuals........

The idea of the Trinity is not something I need explained . I've seen all the explanations...I've seen scripture that "supports" the Trinity theory. I can look at the same scripture and understand it differently.

My question is... what if they are 3 individuals? Why is that thought so offensive in itself?

What if God is Jesus's literal father and our father as well? What if Jesus is our brother? For me knowing that an older brother suffered not only my sins, but the sins of the world is incredible and I love him so much for it. What if the Holy spirit is yet another spirtual individual? Is that really so bad??

And last...if someday you find out that this is the truth, (lets say when you die) how would you feel about believing the opposite in life?

Hypothetically now ladies....don't explain the Trinity or give me scripture, I'm just asking WHAT IF...that's all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you actually do some study on the subject you will find that they ARE three separate beings as far as the bible teaches... They work in conjunction with one another like a team not like a single being... The idea of the trinity actually comes from pagan beliefs. The belief of the tri-facets of god or the three fazes of life is really where it all began. The maiden, mother and crone... Or in this case the son the father and the always was...

SO... as for you what if... I figure IF you all get to heaven and find there are 3 gods, you're gonna have some serious apologizing to do... lol! But that's coming from a pagan so chances are you weren't really asking me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't believe in the trinity. i believe that all those 3 are one in the father. Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: It says to baptize them in the NAME not the nameS...kind of like i'm a mother, daughter, and a sister. those aren't names, those are titles.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• That's funny, Sabrina. Growing up Catholic I've always thought of the trinity as three separate beings working together as one, too. And now with the knowledge of everything is energy, that makes total sense. We're all connected because we're all energy.

And now as a Gnostic I think of it as Mother God, Father God and the Christ Consiousness (aka The Holy Spirit that is manifest in all of us).
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• OP here. I DO believe they are 3 beings with all my heart and soul. I believe they work together for the same purpose, but are individuals all the same. I'm just asking of those that don't believe they are seperate beings. I even believe that the Holy Spirit is infact a MAN. Just not of flesh and Bones.
    Anonymous

• they are all separate beings. glad that i know the truth.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I believe that they are all 3 seperate.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Sorry I believe whole heartedly in the Trinity and they are 3 beings but they are together one God.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If you actually believe that they are three separate beings, and you worship all three, then you are polytheistic. You're worshipping 3 Gods. And thus violating the First Commandment - "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me". (for those who identify themselves as Christian, LOL obviously Pagans don't follow the 10 Commandments!!).
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 5:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• No one said they worship 3 seperate beings... Most people I know that are christian do NOT worship Jesus or the Holy Spirit... Just God...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I believe God is Jesus' father... and the holy spirit is the power by which they use to bring about things. God, Son, power. Hierarchy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2008