Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid just ate a whole bottle of GUMMYVITES!!

What to do? She has vomited once. Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (17)
  • call poison control
    The US Number is 1-800-222-1222
    layh41407

    Answer by layh41407 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • i would say take her to the er. too much of some types of vitamins that are in those can be very dangerous. maybe call poision control. how old is she?
    indysownlilbit

    Answer by indysownlilbit at 12:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • If she's vomited that's a sign her body is trying to get rid of what she ate.
    However, you should never wait when this happens, you need to call her doctor immediately and/or take her to the ER.
    JazzlikeMraz

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • I agree with everyone.... call poison control or take her to the ER
    June_Mama09

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • She is 3 and it was the smaller bottle
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • Call poison control as suggested. I would say it is good that she vomited- The only time that vomiting is bad, is if one has ingested a corrosive material, as that would burn going down and coming up; causing more damage- Is she awake, responsive and acting appropriately? Read the bottle and see if their are additional instructions-

    Sisteract

    Answer by Sisteract at 1:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • poison control is there for reasons exactly like yours. they will not look down on u just will give u an honest answer
    indysownlilbit

    Answer by indysownlilbit at 1:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • call poison or get her into the er. excessive amounts of iron and fat soluble vitamins are extremely dangerous.
    laura970

    Answer by laura970 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • hell my son when he was 3 ate a paranoid schczophrenia medicine and i called poison control and they were a huge help.
    indysownlilbit

    Answer by indysownlilbit at 1:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • Call the doctor you have exceeded the suggested dosage.

    MMXI

    Answer by MMXI at 1:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN