What's the best advice you've ever gotten?

Something meaningful that helped to change your life...

For me it was advice given to my ex that just happened to be shared with me through a conversation.....

If One person has a problem with me, then I tend to look at that person and ask, "what's wrong with YOU?".... but if Five people have the SAME problem with me then it's time to look at me and ask "What's wrong with Me?"

It made such sense to me that I began to weigh a lot of my problem/issues by that standard. And it's helped me become a much better me. What's funny is that this woman it came from is the biggest bitch and back-stabber in the world.... It's ironic that it would come from her lips I guess.

Of course it doesn't fit for every one , but a lot of people could use it. 

What's something that you've been told (or heard) that just lit that fire inside you or made you're light come on and really made a difference in how you managed yourself afterwards?

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I can think of two that made a huge impact, one was about bad relationships: if you continuously have one bad relationship after the other eventually you have to look at the common denominator YOU.
    The second actually came from a poem and the end was "I will not depend on others for MY happiness" that is now my motto. No one is responsible for my happiness but me.
    Oh I have one more and that is if you choose to let something bother you like if someone calls you stupid you are choosing that. I know I had heard that one in different ways but put that way it stuck.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 1:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• To never, ever give up on someone you love.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Don't marry him. I ignored it both times.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 1:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• leave the bastard!!
    tac50cat

Answer by tac50cat at 1:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Remember: to the world you may be just one person, but to one person you might just be the world. Behave as if you are the world just in case.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The most important decision you ever make is who you marry.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• "In order to grow you have gotta hurt" Years ago this was said to me, when a guy I was sooooo totally "in-love" with took my heart and stomped the crap out of it. I was so heartbroken then.
    maryg38

Answer by maryg38 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Never go to bed mad or upset with your spouse.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011